- A Journey of One Million Trees
- Farewell to our friend, Chris Gelken, 1955 – 2014
- One Million Trees Progress Report
- Orphans in Bukibokolo subcounty in Bududa District
- Hands of Action Uganda is awarded One Million Trees grant
- One Million Trees
- Can an Ordinary Child Survive Abuse Amidst Escalating Poverty?
- A Welcome Song from the Tubana Bukibokolo Women
- Children’s Art Project
- Please sponsor this child!
- Agriculture in East Africa
- Helping Hands send a sewing machine, books and training
- Helping Hands – Friends send food
- Famine knows no border
- Food crisis in East Africa
Tag Archives: education
Hands of Action Uganda is pleased to announce that The Pollination Project has awarded us a grant to plant fruit trees in our community!
“The first phase of the Fruit Tree Project will take place in four local primary schools, and will offer selected students indigenous environmental knowledge and practice, while supplying food and wood for the school. The Fruit Tree Project aims to address both the food and fuel shortages in the area by providing affordable nutritional fruits for children and woodlots for every family with a child in primary school.”
The project will support planting and monitoring of 1500 trees. The plantings will help to feed children, but also will be part of the school curriculum, teaching children about sustainable agriculture, environmental protection, and how to solve local social and economic challenges. Eventually, the project will be extended to five additional schools.
Hands of Action Uganda sincerely thanks The Pollination Project for their support!